BERKEY NEWS AND VIEWS PRESENTS
Berkey Water Filter News and Views presents articles related to drinking water.
The Berkey water filter is the simplest, most effective method of water treatment available.
All things taken together your Berkey can provide you with high quality water in almost any circumstance where fresh water is available -
pond, pool, lake, river, stream or puddle. Everyday or in an emergency your Berkey filter works because it uses no electricity.
No other water filter can match the Berkey water filter for all-around convenience. Information is the key to good decision making and we at
Berkey Water Fitler System hope these articles help you to make the decision to make a
Berkey part of your healthy lifestyle.
Berkey Helps Relieve Drinking Water Costs
The value of almost everything is relative including the cost of drinking water. Berkey has designed a simple water filter system that helps
relive th ecost of water, especially for lower income familes. After moving to Mexico two years ago I began purchasing
bottled water as an alternative to drinking water out of the tap.
The price of a 5 gallon (20 liter) bottle increased steadily. It began to dawn on me that the economic impact of obtaining a glass of safe
drinking water on lower income families was significant and that owning a Berkey Water Filter could be a real economic advantage.
Here are some of the problems.
Drinking water costs are influenced by:
- The population explosion, especially in underdeveloped countries.
- Water supply infrastructure in undeveloped and developing areas are overwhelmed by growing demand.
- Existing municipal systems in developed areas are often old, in disrepair and also inadequate to quarantee safe drinking water and cooking
water to growing, concentrated populations.
- In many parts of the world, water, of any quality, is difficult to access or dissappearing.
- As populations increase water tables are being drawn down and not sustainable.
- Sanitary systems often are either non-existant or inadequate. Sanitary waste runs into river, lakes and eventually pollutes the water
- As industries increase their demands they also draw down water tables.
- Industrial byproducts are often responsible for pollution of what water is available.
- As populations increase, the demands of agriculture for water increases.
- Pesticides, transported by runoff, pollute rivers, lakes and the aquifers.
- Dealing with the increasingly polluted water requires increasingly costly methods or ever-increasing use of disinfectants.
While There Are No Easy Answers Berkey Water Filters Offer an Affordable Option:
Other Solutions to providing affordable safe water to you, me and the worlds population are few and expensive.
- As drinking water costs becomes painfully difficult to absorb, constituents will pressure their governments to do something, allocate funds,
make a plan.
- The plan, unfortunately, will also be painfully expensive, involve tax money and in the hands of elected officials.
- Nobody is going to run for office on a platform of sanitary plant construction or remodeling, or replacing underground (and hence, unseen)
sewer and water lines. As a result, little progress will be seen.
The increasingly likely political solution to rising drinking water will be to "hand the ball off". This process is called - Privatization
This has already happened on a private level. We know it by its more common name -Bottled Water
Their responsibilities aside, municipal officials are more then willing to get themselves off the hook. They do this by letting you fend for
yourself in the free-market economy.
Privatization may also involve hiring a private company. They take over the responsibility of providing us with safe, good-tasting water, for a
fee (profit). Not unreasonable, but perhaps not in the best interest of the water consumer.
Why Privatization is Not in Our Best Interest and Why Owning a Berkey Water Filter Makes Sense
Because we are left with these two choice:
- Cheap and convenient poor quality water along with expensive and inconvenient better (hopefully) quality water or,
- Expensive and convenient better (hopefully) quality water.
Either way, drinking water costs are going to rise and itīs going to be expensive to get a glass of safe, good-tasting water.
With that in mind, doesn't owning and using a Berkey water filter makes a lot of sense?
Here's Why Berkey Water Filter is Such a Great Alternative:
For more information about why Berkey water filters are such a valuable alternative to buying bottled water - Click - WHY BERKEY
Your Berkey is long-lasting
- Your Berkey use results in a minimal amount of waste
- Your Berkey is low-tech, simple solutions rule at Berkey
- Your Berkey water filter environmental impact is very low
- Your Berkey is highly effective
- Your Berkey use no electricity which makes it valuable in an emergency.
- Your Berkey is YOUR BERKEY meaning that you are in control of the quality of your water.
To return to Berkey News and Views - Click - BERKEY NEWS AND VIEWS